Experienced Second Line Support Engineer
Based in our Glasgow office with occasional travel to client sites across Scotland
Experienced Second Line Technical Support Engineer (Helpdesk)
- Previous industry experience in a similar position is highly desirable.
- Industry qualifications & vendor certification (Microsoft) is advantageous.
- Candidates must be comfortable dealing with customers by telephone and face to face.
- A good standard of basic literacy and numeracy is essential for this position.
- Excellent communication skills combined with fluent spoken English is required.
- As this position may occasionally involve travel to client sites by company vehicle candidates must be over 21 and hold a full, clean UK drivers license.
Based in our Glasgow office you will join a busy IT helpdesk team providing support to our clients across the country. This is a hands-on technical position which offers rapid career progression and exposure to cuting edge technology from Microsoft and other vendors, both on-premise and in the cloud. Previous IT helpdesk experience is essential for this role - a good telephone manner, excellent customer service skills and a calm, patient approach to problem solving are also extremely important.
We support a very diverse client base and you will find yourself dealing with everything from lost passwords to failed servers so your troubleshooting skills and ability to think on your feet will prove extremely important. You will be expected to work independently and manage your workload efficiently, escalating issues as appropriate. You will be a team player, happy to share knowledge and learn from your colleagues. Previous experience of IP networking, routing and switching, while not essential, would be desirable as would posession of any current Microsoft qualifications.
This is very much a hands-on technical role and you will be expected to begin making an immediate contribution to the team. We provide recognised industry training and a competitive salary based on your experience. You can expect to progress rapidly within our growing helpdesk team and beyond, with opportunities to specialise in Infrastructure, Cloud Services, IT Security and more.
Cloud Cover pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates.